- To stimulate curiosity about the world;
- To introduce candidates to places, people and environments;
- To contribute to environmental awareness and education for sustainable development;
To develop understanding of physical and human landscapes, and introduce candidates to different societies and cultures, enhancing awareness of global interdependence.
- Use geographical enquiry skills when developing knowledge and understanding of places, people, patterns and processes, environmental awareness and sustainable development;
- Ask geographical questions and undertake enquiries inside and outside the classroom about places, people and environments;
- Analyse evidence, make decisions and evaluate information, ideas and opinions;
- Use skills specific to geography, including those of fieldwork and map work;
- Draw on many different sources and resources, such as maps and atlases, photographs and written and visual materials, including the use of IT.